Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Android, BlackBerry and iPhone App parity?

At Mplayit today we released some data that I found very interesting as an iPhone user who is constantly thinking about make the jump to Android. We did an analysis of the most popular categories of applications and discovered while the individual brand of application may different, in most cases the application functionality is readily available across all popular smartphone devices.

This isn't to say I'm totally sold on making the move, but it is comforting to know that I won't be missing too many of my favorite app 'functions'. I suspect as we take a look at games later this month I will find some big holes in the Android catalog. I'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great overview, thank you for compiling and posting.